Friday, September 26, 2008

Potatoe Soup and Cornbread

Good Morning all,
I wanted to share these 2 recipes with my friends,because I appreciate you and even though I just "started out" and have not been able to share a craft "yet",I can always give back to you with my recipes. I received these 2 recipes from a dear precious woman from my church. And you know how them Southern church ladies cook..Thanks Mrs. Catherine Cantrell-So here ya go....

Potato Soup

Approximately 2 1/2 lbs potatoes
1 T Nature's Seasoning
2 cans chicken broth 10 1/2 oz.
1 lg can evaporated milk
1 med. onion
1 celery stalk
4 or 5 strips of bacon
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 stick of margarine
1 small package of mushrooms
grated cheese
1/4-1/2 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste

Dice potatoes and cook with 1 T seasoning. When done,drain and add chicken broth.
In separate pan,cook bacon and save grease. Remove bacon to cool. Saute chopped
onion,celery,and sliced mushrooms in bacon drippings. to potato mixture, add
margarine,mushroom soup,sauteed vegetables. In a small container,mix flour with
enough evaporated milk to get smooth consistency. Add the flour mixture and
the rest of the milk to the potatoes. Let simmer for a few minutes. Before serving,stir in crumbled bacon and serve with cheddar cheese.
Last year I fixed a big pot because I wanted to freeze it and it worked out great!

Cornbread

Combine:
2 cups of self rising cornmeal
3/4 cup self rising flour
1 stick of margarine,melted
2 eggs
1cup of sour cream
1 small can cream corn
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 pinch sugar
Buttermilk to make a good consistency

Bake at 400 approximately 25 minutes or so in an oblong baking dish (9x13)

ENJOY!!

8 comments:

Robin Beck said...

The weather is getting cooler and there is nothing better then a hot bowl of soup! Thanks for sharing!
Have a great weekend,
Robin~♥

Leslie said...

I have baked potato soup on my list of things to make very soon...you're making me HUNGRY! LOL

Have a great weekend!

Leslie

Something Nice and Pretty said...

My husband loves potatoe soup! Maybe I'll show him this recipe and he can make it:) I'm just not a cook but thank goodness he is.
Rondell

The Gathering Room said...

thanks for visiting my blog! I was just reading your potato soup recipe...sounds wonderful! I have made corn bread with sour cream..much better made that way..moist...thanks for the recipies!

Tammy said...

OMGOSH, I have been thinkin' about makin' some potato soup. This sounds like a great recipe. Mind if I try it?

PAT said...

Sounds delicious. We love soup and it's getting to be great soup weather, here in Missouri.

Angie said...

Wow...did you read my mind..because I was just saying yesterday that I want to find a potato soup recipe...I love soup...it is the perfect Fall food! I will definitely be making this!

~Angie

Anonymous said...

Yum-o!!! My mom used to make potatoe soup in the winter--nothing like comfort food.