Monday, September 22, 2008

Little Things

Hello everyone. Today is the first day of Fall and I can smell it in the air.
I wanted to share with you guys a few "little things" that I have done here around the house.


This is a picture in my dining room of a little fall decoration that I did.I went to the Dollar store and retrieved a few of these pumpkins. And I also bought the berries from there.(By the way can anyone tell me if I can buy "Sweet annie" and "bittersweet" from around here?)












And this is a pic of a few canning projects that I completed. There is peach halves,peach preserves,canned tomatoes,hot pepper jelly,blackberry syrup,pickled green tomatoes,salsa,peach butter and I also froze some green beans and corn. I am getting ready to go into my "apple mode" I enjoy doing these because they will be Christmas gifts for all my loved ones.

For the rest of the day I will be going out into my yard and do some sprucing up.And hopefully by this weekend I will be ready for my yard decorations.I just wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciate getting on here each day and reading a little bit of something from each one of you.Hope you all have a blessed day!!





10 comments:

Robin Beck said...

Wow you sure did some canning-It is so beautiful. Have fun out in the yard today-Won't be long and it will be too cold to get out there!
Happy First Day of Fall,
Robin~♥

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I have seen Bittersweet and Sweet Annie for sale on ebay. WooHoo its Fall!! All your canning looks so good!! Sweet bounty!!! I loved canning this year!! Have a great day!~Wendy

Something Nice and Pretty said...

The jars of our bounty look just wonderful, lucky loved ones!

I love the Dollar Store, just to pick up something to add to what we already have is fun:)
Rondell

Dawn said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the sweet comments. To paint the baskets I just kind of dry brushed them with watered down paint. I used one color and then went back with a second or third and added a few highlights here and there. The teachers at school will love them for thier rooms. Your grandbabies are precious! Dawn

Leslie said...

You have been very busy canning!

The fall decorations look nice. I am probably the last blogger out there to decorate. I only have a few things around that were in the house stashed. I still need to dig out the rest of my stuff and get busy!

Have a great day! :)

mysteryhistorymom said...

Your canning is so impressive! I wish that I knew how to do that.... Some people are going to be really lucky at Christmas time!:) What a wonderful gift! Lori

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Love the picture. You sure were busy canning. I wish I would have paid attention when my Mom did it so I knew how.

Mary

Unknown said...

Thanks for putting my link - glad you are enjoying the pumpkins!

Your fall decorations are pretty and I am really impressed with all your canning. Good job!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Wow, you've been busy canning...how wonderful for you and your dear family!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Ooops...I also wanted to say that I love the chicken pictures...very nice!