Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My first decorating attempt





Hey everyone!! Today has turned into being a rainy day. But I'm not complaining-Thank you Lord-we are in a serious drought here so I do appreciate the blessing!! My husband and I have purchased our home about 3 years ago and just started attempting to do some major decorating. Our first decorating project was our guest room. I really wish I had taken some before pics to show you what it looked like, but I was so excited about this project that I was just ready to start. I had gotten the wrought iron bed from a Goodwill store a couple of months ago in Charleston S.C. Our son lives there with our 2 g-babys so we go quite often. Anywho, they was having a special that day there that if you filled out a questionnare you recieved 50%off your purchase. So, I seen this bed for $50 and knew I had to have it for our new project. Especially when I was getting it for 50% off to $25. I have recently just started getting into the antiquing and prim decorating so I have been going and looking for alot of items at different places The 3 mirrors I recieved for 70% off at Peebles (they ended up being $3 a piece) Also at one of our little antique stores here on Main Street I found 4 american homestead pictures for $1 apiece w/o frames. So I attempted my first time of making some distressed frames. I recieved ideas on how to do this from a blogger and really appreciated it!! I went to Walmart and bought 4 $3 wooden picture frames and tada here they are. I am so proud of the way the room has turned out. I know it doesn't compare to alot of you guys decorating but hey, for my first time I am pretty proud. We still have a little bit more to do in it. My husband is in the middle of building me a shelf that I seen last month in Country Home that I can put my mother-in-laws antique cup and saucers on.Well I dont't know how these pics will turn out because my husband has my camera with him. If they turn out blurry I will repost them. Hope everyone has a blessed day!!

3 comments:

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!
your room is looking great!

Gettysburg Homestead said...

I think you did a great job!!! You will become addicted to this blog thingy just like the rest of us. There are so many gals on here that are so inspiring. I look forward to seeing more of your home!

Mary

simple~needs said...

your room looks great!! stop over by and say hi! :)