Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Watcha Working on Wednesday

Good Morning all. Well I got up this morning to some much needed rain.You know,I thank the Lord so much for the little things.So many times we forget about those "little things"like,the bird that is chirping out my bedroom window each morning,the sun that shines down on my face,the rain that helps my flowers and herbs grow,the beautiful picture that I see when the leaves are turning,a kiss from my 21 year old son (that is a rare occasion)but I thank the Lord for that,When I'm having a bad day and a friend calls me and listens and prays with me and tells me she Loves me.That's all God!!! And I thank him for all the many blessings he has given me in my life.
Now, I told you that I would share some pics of my thrift store,yard sale and goodwill finds and here they are




























I found so many lil goodies!My husband and I are in the middle of redecorating our living room and I haven't decided on what color I want to paint it. It will be between a light chocolate with white trim or a yellow with red trim,haven't decided yet.


So,anyhoo these little shelves is what I will be working on today and also the tool box.I seen so many pics of different peoples tool boxes and loved them.The off-white curtains I will be putting up in my guestroom that I redone.Also I wanted to see if someone could help me out with identifying what this is.....

I seen it and liked it. As soon as I figure out what it is I will decide what I'm going to do with it.Any ideas?????
well, I really enjoy hearing from everyone and go check out Leslie's blog to see what everyone else is doing for Watcha Working on Wednesdayhttp://sweets-mycountryhome.blogspot.com/ Have a blessed day!!


11 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

It looks to me like a magazine holder, I would hang prim tea towels on it after painting it black:) Have fun doing it.
Rondell

Gettysburg Homestead said...

I agree with Rondell... it holds newspapers or magazines.

Love the sampler I see and everything else too.

Mary

Unknown said...

Looks like you have some great goodies there! Enjoy decorating and please share pics when finished!

Heather

JenW!~ said...

Some great stuff you got there. I never seem to ind anything at our GW's. Can't help ya on te rack but I'm sure you'll figure out a good use for it.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Great thrift store finds!! I can't believe you found that sampler! Your wall colors sound so warm and inviting. Can't wait to see it when it's done!

Katherine said...

I just hopped over from Leslie's. You've got a great pile of stuff there. The rack thingy is for wine. It hangs horizontally on the wall. The wine bottles lay in the top with the neck resting in the half round cut outs. The dowels below hold wine glasses upside down from their bases.

Leslie said...

Whatever it is, it can be used for many other uses. I was thinking you could use it as a quilt rack :)

You found some great things! They will definitely help you with getting your living room done :)

Have a great day!

basketsnprims said...

I agree with Rondell. I would hang prim towels on it after (of course, painting it black_LOL). That is my new favorite color, I base paint something, then spray it black, then sand it down. You also found some other really cool things. Post pics to let us know what you do with them.

Pam

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hi again,
I just wanted to thank you for leaving such a sweet comment, I'm so glad I'm helping you out in your decorating, I can't believe some of the things I do either.lol Believe me it wasn't always that way, it wasn't until I started blogging that I would see what great stuff the ladies did that I finally started thinking outside the box. Just keep going to the thrift stores and redoing. You sure got some great things in your last visit there:)
Rondell

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

What great finds you made!!!! Love it all. I have to agree with Rondell, too, that it is a magazine rack. And black would be perfect!!!!!! Hanging towels, or other linens on it would be wonderful.

So glad I found you! my first time here! Come for a visit sometime over at my blog!!!!

Cora

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Hey there! I have been meaning to come and visit you for the longest time! I LOVE your blog and will finally be adding it to my list. My list is getting so long that by the time I try to visit everybody, I forget what else I was planning to do. So you will be added as soon as I finish here, and I will also add you to my following list. So I won't forget AGAIN! LOL!
I want to thank you for always coming to visit me and leaving me such sweet comments. They do not go un-noticed! I truly appreciate it!
We have a lot in common too. I look forward to getting to know you better and having time to sit down and read your entire blog. My time is so limited that I haven't had that pleasure yet, but I will soon.
Take care and have a happy day!