Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm Back!

Good Morning all,
I sure did miss you all. We had a wonderful trip to Warrenton Virginia this weekend. Robbie's (DH) oldest sister celebrated her 50th B-day this past weekend. We seen alot of family members we haven't seen in awhile and plus going back "home" was nice. Warrenton is in Northern Virginia near D.C. I was born and raised there in a city called Manassas. Some of you may know it as where the Battle of Bull Run was. I had my first two sons there and when I was pregnant with our 3rd son "Beau" was when we moved from there. I am going to share a few pics with all of you. And by the way...I am feeling so much better. Thanks to all!!

Robbie and I love to watch "Diners Drive Ins and Dives" on the food network channel. And we had seen this place featured on there in Charlotte N.C

It is called the Bar B Q King. So we stopped off by there and ordered some of their BBQ chicken.

It was so good!! Robbie said that their coleslaw was probably the best he had tasted. I don't like coleslaw so I gave him mine.

Here are a few other pics of the BBQ King-












We then headed on to Virginia. It was an 8 hour trip. But Robbie and I love to talk so we kept the conversation going.



Here are a couple of pics of Virginia I took. I was really surprised that they were not in peak season yet for the leaves turning.




This is a pic of Robbie and 2 of his sisters-Angela is on the left and the B-day girl Wanda is in the center.He has another sister Bonnie but, she was not able to make it.

We are all going to try to plan a trip for the whole family in Bald Head Island NC next year sometime. I am looking forward to it!






I missed each and every one of you this past week! I seen where Char was having a Giveaway. So you know me... I'll post 'em! LOL! Everyone needs to go over and visit Char at The Pickled Pepper Patch -She is having a giveaway celebrating her daughters 21st B-day! Plus if you have not been to her site ..YOU ARE MISSING OUT!! She gives us all so many wonderful ideas. She is amazing!!

Well I hope everyone has a Blessed day!

14 comments:

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Hey girl!!! Glad you're back! Glad you had a great time!!
It's always wonderful to go back to where we started, isn't it?!

My brother lives in VA! He's in Ruther Glen now, before that he was in Culpepper...
Thanks for sharing your pics...I LOVE pics! :)
Looks like ya had a wonderful weekend!!

Have a great MONDAY!!
*hugs*
-Kath

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Welcome home! You were missed as well!

Glad the trip turned out so nice. The birthdya girl sure doesn't look her age at all from that pic!

Have a great day!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Glad your back Junita! So glad you hd a wonderful time too! Loved the pics!
Rondell

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Welcome back!! So glad you all had a great time with your families!!! Have a great day!~Wendy

Shell in your Pocket said...

Glad you had such a great time...looks fun!!!
-sandy toes
p.s. my goal is to get your stocking out this week so be looking!!!

ohiofarmgirl said...

The diner looks like so much fun!! Sounds like you had a good trip. Dianntha

basketsnprims said...

So glad you had a wonderful time. The barbeque looks delicious. The birthday girl sure doesn't look her age. Glad to have you back.

Pam

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hi Juanita, looks like you had a great time! I think my hubby and watched that same show about the diners, bar-b-que and such, love the cooking channel! And we love Bar-B-que! Great post!
Blessings,
Debbie

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Juanita,

I'm glad you had a great time and a wonderful trip! Virginia looks beautiful in those photos! Thanks for sharing the photos! I am glad you're back, though! :)

Tammy

Pam B said...

Juanita, looks like you havent' been "BOO'ed" yet, so consider yourself "BOO'ed"!

Pop over to my blog to see.
Happy Halloween!

Pam

Farmchick said...

Welcome back--sounds like a wonderful trip!!!

I love watching the Food Network too!!!

Farmchick said...

oh and I forgot to mention that I added you to my blogroll too!

mysteryhistorymom said...

I LOVE Virginia!! I lived in Clifton, which is basically Manassas, when I was in college! SO much history, great shopping, good restaurants.... Oh, I miss it!! Glad you had fun, my friend!:) Lori

Farmhouse Treasures said...

I live in Luray Va. It is a small town southwest of Manassas.